Meizu M9 Firmware Update Brings Much Desired Android Market
Meizu’s latest firmware update for the M9 brings with it what is possibly the most important thing available to Android users, the Android Market. It’s somewhat disappointing and pathetic that it’s taken Meizu nearly a month to bring what is essentially a bare essential to it’s users. But considering the issues many brand-name manufacturers are having with updating their Android firmware, I guess I should be impressed.
The change-log for the new M9 firmware is as follows:
1. Backup-Restore speed optimization
2. Camera now supports bar-code scanner function. Other misc errors in the camera software have also been fixed.
3. Gallery application UI has been customized.
4. Maps and GTalk are not pre-installed.
5. Automatic APK install has been added, meaning once the update is complete the M9 will automatically reinstall all your apps from your SD card.
6. Misc location, service, SMS errors fixed
7. Android Market bug fixes
8. English translation fixes
9. The size of Calendar widget has been made smaller.
Looks like a pretty great update to me. Unfortunately some apps still won’t work for the M9, such as Whatsapp, as Meizu have not yet opened the necessary API’s for it.